Franke Medi-flo is a cutting-edge hospital sink that dispenses ozonated water to improve the effectiveness of hand washing while keeping the sink waste clear of harmful biofilms.
With a concept never before seen in healthcare, Medi-flo integrates cutting-edge technology with clever, functional design. Franke’s goal was two-fold: to inhibit the formation of bio-films on the sink and in the waste trap, and to improve the results of hand washing, regardless of technique used.
Medi-flo infuses water with mixed oxidants such as ozone, one of the worlds most powerful disinfectants.
- Ozone is twice as effective as bleach and kills bacteria 3,000 times faster
- Ozone safely helps prevent biofilms in the waste with every use, while improving effectiveness of hand hygiene
- Medi-flo’s ozonated water is non-toxic and reverts back to oxygen and water within 20 minutes
- All curved surfaces prevent pooling of water
- Integral centre rib helps prevent splashing
- Infrared controls ensures hands are in the optimum place for washing and splash containment
Revolutionary Laminar Flow
- Medi-flo’s true laminar water flow (all turbulence removed from within the water stream) envelopes the user’s hands, rather than splashing
- Laminar flow transmits light like a fibre-optic cable. This is used to create a stunning blue water effect when it contacts a surface
- An infrared sensor will automatically trigger a three second post-wash cycle to help keep sink and trap clean
- Gently contoured features on the Medi-flo invoke a residential feel
- The robust miranit basin material is a non-porous, easy clean, artificial stone with a premium, chemical resistant gel coat
- The shroud also conceals the plumbing fixtures, adding to the design aesthetic
For more information please watch this short video or contact MacDonald Industries.